Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Peanut Butter

I'm sorry that half of my posts are about food but its just that it means so much to me.

The first week I got to the Perry's house I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and was very disappointed to find out that the peanut butter in their cupboard was nothing like good old American peanut butter. I mean, it was made of peanuts, but it was nasty.

So I went on a mission to Sainsbury's and picked out some Sainsbury's brand organic crunchy peanut butter thinking that pure peanut butter with no additives would be my best bet and boy was I right. So flavorful!

Now I eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, except for today when I had a crumpet with peanut butter and jam on it.

And now the jar sits on my nightstand, right at arms length so that I may eat a spoonful whenever I like.

Peanut Butter is now number two on my list of comfort foods, right behind cold cereal.

Go eat some peanut butter.

6 comments:

Evan said...

Mmmm... with a large glass of milk! I like your thinking.

Jennifer said...

How about peanut butter and a whole roll of chocolate digestives?

annzy said...

Mmmmmmmmm comfort food ~i would like you look into the cheeses of the greater UK for comfort too.

Marcilyn said...

funny you should say that ann. today I had the most fabulous brie and cranberry sandwich. mmmmmmmmm cheese.

Veronica said...

thank you for reminding me of the joys of eating peanut butter straight from the jar, which i am doing right now.

Bethany said...

hi friend. food is my life too! p.s. i hope you found my new blog at bethanycasey.blogspot

hope all is well!!