
I have spent almost 1/3 of my life watching Gilmore Girls. I jumped on the GG train my Junior year of high school and for six years straight I stuck by Lorali and Rory. In high school I went over to my Christina's house to watch it every Tuesday night since my mother watched JAG on Tuesday nights and we only had one television. In college, watching Gilmore Girls became even more difficult because I had a busy school schedule and Tivo hadn't been invented yet. I taped them on old fashion vhs.
Now Gilmore Girls is ending forever and though this fact would be sad on its own, the situation is made worse by the fact that the last season was a huge disappointment. The original writers left the show and the new writers tried to continue in the Gilmore tradition but every script they wrote was a sad carbon copy of previous episodes.
Its been over a month since I first started this post and I decided to finish it because it finally dawned on me, a month after the finale, that Gilmore Girls is actually over, and I am sad about it. I didn't watch the series finale but I doubt that it would give me any kind of closure. Rory didn't get together with Jess, Lorali didn't stay with Chris, and Lane did not reach her full potential as a character, Luke didn't find true happiness. But maybe I need to focus on how fun the journey was? even though the final destination was lame?
3 comments:
I agree with the jess thing. He was by far the best for rory but I like Luke way better than Christopher. It is a shame that the last couple of seasons made me not love gilmore girls like I used to.
Sorry Marce! Hope you find a new love soon to fill the void on Tuesday nights.
i just got back from guatemala. my life has changed. funny that i was hanging out with your brother and brit? small(large) world.
Post a Comment