Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Musings from my walk to work

I haven't had any great blog inspiration lately but I feel like the only way I am going to feel like blogging is if I start blogging. Like priming the pump or dehydration. These are my thoughts about my life, so sorry if it reads like a journal. I have been reading I Capture the Castle, which is the journal of Cassandra, the main character, and my writing is always influenced by what I am currently reading.

I've been staying at Grant and Brittany's house for the past few days and it has been great fun. They have cable and lots of chocolate and at night we sit and laugh about things. They set up an air mattress for me in their spare room and I couldn't be more comfortable, but don't worry Grant and Brit, I am still working hard at finding a place to live.

One of the best parts about staying at their house it that it is a five minute walk to work and the weather this week has been great for walking. This morning I saw two little quail cross the road. I love seeing the quail in the summer time. We don't have quail in Washington so they are a bit of a novelty for me.

I also saw a huge Pirates of the Caribbean 3 banner hanging from the office space that formally housed clean flicks. Seeing this I thought two things: one, that advertisers in Utah take too many liberties. Its bad enough that the highways are lined with billboards, but now any flat space is plastered with an advert. The second thought was that I hope the third movie makes the Pirates series and doesn't break it. The second movie was fun but did not capture the magic of the first. Its like Jerry Bruckheimer actually started putting input into the series and it came out as a cross between Pearl Harbor and Kangaroo Jack, set in the Caribbean. The result was still enjoyable, just a little campy.

As is always the case when I sleep in a new bead, I had a very interesting dreams last night. I dreamt that I was in love with a hot sailor who had just come back from war. Sadly, he was badly injured and had no chance of recovering from his wounds. When I found out the bad news, I was sad and asked him if he had read Harry Potter. He said no because he was from the 1940s and the books hadn't come out yet. So I gave them the first three Harry Potter books to read so that he could die happy. That was a good dream.

Next week I get to go home to Washington because my friend Holley is getting married. I get to meet my new nephew Orion and am so excited to see all of my family. Veron, Kath and I are going to go to Seattle and I'm hoping its good weather so we can hang out at Alki beach. Maybe I will want to go on a hike too? I don't know why but lately I have been wanting to do outdoorsy things. So out of character for me.

1 comment:

Evan said...

Hey Mouse! we're so excited for you to come up to Washington. I have a great hike we can do if you want it's called Otter Falls. 8 mile round trip to see a 1000+ foot granite face waterfall. It's supposed to be amazing. See you soon!