Monday, January 08, 2007

Back to Life, Back to Reality, or "How I feel about the last few days of my life"

When I got back to Provo on Thursday night, my house was really cold and I couldn't do anything about it because the thermostat resides in the downstairs apt. and the couple who live down there were still gone on break. So for three days I froze. I lost the ability to warm the small capillaries in my body, so no matter how many hot showers I took my feet were cold. I called my mom and she suggested that I sprinkle cayenne pepper in my socks. Thankfully I did not have to take such measures because, after being gone all Saturday night, I walked into my house and was hit by a wave of heat. Apparently the landlord came and did something and now i live in a hothouse. I was a little worried about the gas bill until my roommate Ila informed me that we don't pay the gas bill. This was very good news.

My parents lent me a laptop and printer for the semester and I feel like my quality of life has gone up 50%.

This morning, after reading this article I made a vow to be more optimistic, and then I attended my History 490 capstone class and decided this wasn't the semester to start being overly optimistic.

I got back from vacation and now my favorite thing to do is clean my room. I don't know why. Maybe because at this point in my life my room is the easiest thing for me to take on. In 15 minutes I can feel like I accomplished something.

My friend Ann moved back to SLC from Idaho and it is nice to have her in the neighborhood again. She is good at giving advice and advice is something I need a lot of right now.

My brother Grant and his wife Britney invited me over to make pizza with a recipe from Jaimie Oliver's new cook book.

We made the dough and sauce from scratch and it was some of the best pizza I have ever tasted.

This semester is going to be hard, but I am excited to be back in Provo and starting a new year.

No comments: