Friday, January 27, 2006
Now, I've always known that I didn't go to the most respectable high school. It was on the wrong side of the tracks and it did not have enough funding. We performed our plays in the "cafetorium" and we didn't have a swimming pool. But I loved my high school experience. My school lacked the bourgeois crowd of kids that most schools have; the crowd that walks around in designer clothes, flaunting the fact that their parents give them everything. But recently I have found reason to regret the shoddy education I received at Franklin Pierce High. I am taking a 300 level Greek History class, which I'm really enjoying. Yesterday my professor asked the class who had read the Iliad. Every single hand in the class shot up. At no time in my educational career have I read the Iliad and this is not just a book you pick up on your summer vacations for a good leisurly read. So, now I am faced with a choice; do I pick up a copy of the Iliad and start reading it along with my other textbooks on Greece, so that when my Professor makes reference to Agamemnon and Hector I am not completely lost, or do I count my losses and move on. i'm leaning towards the later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have you thought about maybe downloading a book on tape version of it with a sexy british acent reading it to you ~it might feel more like a greek vacation that way.
Post a Comment