I'm coming to you live from a hostel foyer in Glasgow. So far Glasgow is pretty much what I expected--dirty,scary, not that much fun. I did however have a lovely dinner at BurgerKing and you know what? They have buddy burgers here! Does any one else remember buddy burgers?
The train ride from the airport was also really nice. It went along the coast and today is such a beautiful sunny day.
Something funny is that Scottish people are really hard to understand, at least to me.
I'm on my way to Edinburgh tomorrow and I'm expecting it to be a little better than Glasgow.
Well, my time is almost up and I think I am going to call it an early night.
2 comments:
At least in Glasgow you can sing the ABBA song.
I loved Edinburgh so much better. I had a great conversation with a man who was dressed like Braveheart (and looked just like him) outside of the castle. I was alone in my travels, and took a tour where I went up to Inverness, saw Nessie and other fun sites. I really enjoyed it, and I made friends on the tour with this great German couple. It was wonderful!
At night when I had nothing left to see, before I made my way to the lake district, I went to the movies. I bought a first class movie ticket...yep, they have them there. You get a leather recliner, feet go up and everything, a tray for your goodies, and it was awesome. Of course, it was extra money, and I didn't know that , and the ticket guy took advantage of me by selling me that expensive of a movie ticket, but once I saw my assigned seat, I didn't mind. It was awesome!!!
look out for the golf club wielding hooligans. I hear they can be pretty mean. Have fun.
Post a Comment