First we went to Dublin.
The cafeteria in the first hostel we stayed in.
Me and the Tart with the Cart. I think her name was Molly Malone. Seriously, I don't know why more cities don't erect statues of famous women of the night.
We then took a four hour bus ride to the town of Galway. Galway pretty much consisted of this statue and some pubs. But it was good to get out to a city smaller than Dublin.
We took a tour bus along the western coast of Ireland and though there was a fierce storm blowing through creating record breaking winds, we still enjoyed it thoroughly. We were supposed to see some sweet cliffs but apparently our bus would have blown over had we attempted. it.

A place where the celts used to bury their dead. This is a really really old burial ground. Like, the kind you wouldn't want to desecrate. (Didn't I say it was windy? stop making fun of my bangs.)
Some seafood chowder and soda bread on the coast.

On the third day we were back in Dublin, ready to take in more sites. Here is a park right outside of the Dublin Writers Museum we went to.

The Writers Museum was housed in this great Georgian building and on some of the doors were these great panels showing the months and the seasons. I vowed that I would someday recreate these panels in my own home.

St. Patrick's Cathedral

Daniel with a bust of Jonathon Swift. A fun fact about Jonathon Swift is that he loved dark humor. Another kind of boring fact is that he is buried in St. Patrick's cathedral.

This is a stained glass window showing St. Patrick. Unfortunately, stained glass never turns out that great in photos. Trust me, it was cool.

Stayed tuned and I will soon post pictures from the rest of the week.







8 comments:
Hmmm, I want to know what comment you deleted???? Looks like total fun, I am wishing I was out there, wind and all. Call me soon.
cool bangs.
and where were the leprechauns?
jealous! it looks like you are having so much fun! and yes, i too love the bangs!
Cool Marcilyn + cool trip= cool blog entry with cool pics all done by cool marcilyn who is way cooler than most of us, at least me anyway. I love you little Marcy sis.
Nice work Mouse! Looks like a ton of fun. yeah I want to know what got deleted too.
so amazing mardy! we need to talk!
Post a Comment