Last week I went to my Ward Christmas Party and who should be there but Father Christmas. A very sad, sad, Father Christmas. I wish I could have taken a picture of him standing up. His belly was hanging so low. My friend Jeanie and I just looked at each other and cracked up. It was so not right, but really funny. (It was a dress up Christmas Party, which is why that woman is dressed as an American Indian)

We had a quiz portion of the party where we had to play various games to win points. One of the games was kind of like Catch Phrase. You had to pull words out of a box and try to get your team to guess what the word was. Each team took their turn and pulled out words like
santa, and
candy cane, and then when it came to my turn I was lucky enough to pull out the word
Caesar Augustus,
Caesar Augustus! I immediately said, "Betrayed by Marc Antony" and "The Ides of March" and then realized that was Julius Caesar and started to spurt out words like, "taxing" "Mary and Joseph" and "Bethlehem" but by then my time was up.
Caesar Augustus! and I pride myself at how good I am at Catch Phrase . . .
And this is just a picture of my friend Annie and Me. Annie is from China and joined the church this year. She is in the process of applying to go on a mission. We are going to go see
Enchanted together tomorrow! This is also a nice shot of my dimpled chin. Thanks dad!
2 comments:
Those British are brilliant, I thought only Halloween was for dressing up, but they are right, there aren't nearly enough costume holidays, lets throw in Christmas as well. Presents and costumes =perfection!
father christmas in my ward was from argentina and had a THICK accent. it was hilarious.
Post a Comment