Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Straight Up Culture Shock

--My program director has two earrings in his left earlobe.
--It rains more here than in Washington. I'm not kidding.
--When did undergraduates get so annoying?
--Everything smells different here. People, places, hand soap.
--I don't care if your gas costs more, an hour car trip is not that big of a deal, under any circumstances.
--Just because a beverage contains 10% real fruit juice, you can not call it juice. and you definitely shouldn't serve it at room temperature.
--I can't wait to see London again.
--Thank goodness Dr. Pepper tastes the same here.

6 comments:

camila anderson said...

You crack me up. We miss you already. Can't wait to see pictures of where you are living and going to school. love you

Anonymous said...

d.p. is always a saving grace.

Jennifer said...

You don't even miss a beat. Always connected to us all by the blogging, it's makes it seem like you aren't so far. Love you!

Bethany said...

Have you met Harry Potter yet? Are you eating lots of crumpets? Tell me you have a camera. You are missed!

annzy said...

What does the hand soap smell like? also just so you know you are lucky they have dr.p ~six months with out diet coke in the middle east ~that's all i'm saying.

Grant said...

Mouse!!!! I love different smells. It is one of my favorite things about traveling. Please send me an email so that I can begin to correspond more regularly. I love you.