Monday, July 09, 2007

My thoughts are adding up, or In My Life part 2,

I love Provo on the 4th of July. Everyone is so patriotic and willing to join in on the fun. This year my Independence day consisted of:
-a delicious breakfast of French toast at Kneaders thanks to my new friend Geoff
-a rambunctious bbq that me and my friend Megan threw together last minute and that was facilitated by Rory and Dane.
-a serious whiffle ball game.(just a side note-the organizers of the game only had a whiffle ball and no whiffle bat. I just happened to have a whiffle bat that I bought last summer for a ward activity but that no longer had its matching ball. thanks to me and my habit of keeping junk, we were able to play the game.)
-fireworks from the stadium of fire, watched from the usual vantage point of the chevron near the stadium.

Other things I need to share:
- I love my new car, or carrito, as i like to call it. At first I was worried that it was a stick, but now i love it. I feel like I am one with the car. I listen to the engine and let it tell me what to do. I am now Marcilyn, queen of the roads, master driver, clutch aficionado.

-I am very grateful for my married friends who still let me into their lives. This last weekend I spent one of the funnest nights out at the Potters. The highlights of the night included playing parachute games with a yard tarp (i haven't laughed that hard in a long time), and playing running charades. On Sunday I went over to Holley and Ben's and we sat and ate cookies and talked about our lives. No drama, just heart to heart talks. I need more of that.

-I love my friends and am glad they feel comfortable talking to me about the hardships and triumphs in their lives.

-Bridge to Terabithia? Someone could have warned me that I would sob uncontrollably through the whole second half! Good thing I only payed a dollar to see it.

-Please don't die Harry Potter!

-My sister and brother in law are moving back to Provo for the rest of the summer which means I get to see more of the little Sullybug!

-I need to travel.

2 comments:

(anna)belle said...

you need to come visit me in europe.

Hallie said...

because that matching wiffle ball hit my eye and is now broken. (the wiffle ball, not my eye)