Monday, June 15, 2009

coming to America . . .


Alexa Chung, if you don't already know, is a big deal in the UK. She hosts a sort of Saturday Morning music show on the BBC among other television gigs. She is a huge fashion icon as well, and sometimes works with my favorite fashion guru, Gok Won.

I love Alexa, don't get me wrong, but the first time I saw her on television, I was like, what is this girl doing on television? Maybe it was the low budget lighting at the BBC, or her outfits straight out of Primark, but she looked like any other British girl you would see walking down the street. The fact is, that they don't do "glam" in the UK the way we do in America. You don't have to look like Megan Fox to be on television over there. I was so used to seeing perfection, I was blown over by the fact that this girl was famous.

Anyways, she is starting a talk show on MTV today and I am curious to see how it is received. I don't have high hopes for her in a society that has kept the Tyra Banks Show on for like six seasons, but maybe she is the fresh breath that America's daytime television needs. But then again, who watches MTV anymore? I might start. God Speed Alexa Chung!

No comments: