1. I saw the Long Winters last Wednesday and it was everything a show should be. It was at Kilby which was great cause I love small venues and it was relatively cheap. The sad thing is that I lost the battery charger and usb cord for my digital camera so I couldn't take any pictures. But here is what they would look like if I did.
They played most of their hits and their stage banter was so heartwarming and hilarious. And after the show I got to say hi and thanks for coming. I love that kind of stuff cause I am a big nerd. 2. My friend Jeremy suggested that we go to the Sasquatch Festival cause we are both going to be in Washington in May and I was totally up for it but I just looked at the line up and realized that I don't know about any of the hip new bands. I mean, I've heard their names but have not heard there music. The Blow, Grizzly Bear, Lonely, The Hold Steady. Maybe someone can tell me if these bands are worth seeing? I guess the Arcade Fire is playing which I might enjoy. And I've always wanted to camp out at the Gorge, so maybe it will happen.
3. In a week I will not have a job and I will not have any classes. Oh, yeah, and I might not have a place to live. So if anyone wants to help me out in any of these areas I would be very grateful.
4. I'm applying to the University of Reading in England and if I get in and decide that going further in debt for my education is worth it, I will be starting graduate school in October. I know, I am crazy to want to go back to school so soon. If anyone has a problem with me going to graduate school, speak now or forever hold your peace.
5. Books I plan to read after next week: I Capture the Castle, Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson, finish reading Songbook by Nick Hornby, finish reading Possession, Once Upon a Time: the Autobiography of Gloria Vanderbilt, The English Patient, The Curse of the Kings (I think this one is about mummies in Egypt but I'm not sure), maybe 1776. definitely Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (Last summer I planned to read tons of books but then I got a boyfriend and only got through Memoirs of a Geisha. Boys, just you try to keep me from my reading this Summer! just you try . . .)
6. I wrote the last paper of my undergraduate career today and now I only have two tests left to take. Then I graduate (hopefully) and celebrate the end of my five year stint as a college student.
7. One last thing, I'm not going to start blocking anonymous comments but know that when you leave anonymous comments I sit and ponder over who could have left the anonymous comment, wasting a lot of time and energy, so please if you love me and my mind, put some kind of name on your comments.
8. Wait, one more thing! I'm in BYU News. Check, check it out here. If you want to skip over the article to the bottom where I am mentioned thats fine with me.
9. And I just have to say that I am falling more and more in love with Google. Have you guys tried google Notebook? It allows you to take notes while surfing the web. A little box pops up in the corner like google chat and it stays up no matter where you go on the internet. It is brilliant! no moving between screens! And I now have the cutest little template for my google homepage. It is a little fox that lives in a tea house by a lake. If I log on in the morning he fishing in the lake, then he starts picking oranges around 9:00 for his job, and if i log in around noon he is eating a little sushi lunch and at night he sleeps in a little bed by his tea house. I hope you get what I'm talking about otherwise this is going to sound really crazy. But it is sooo cute!
10. Thats it! xoxoxoxo
4 comments:
YES, YOU'VE JOINED THE RANKS OF THE ELITISTS BY BEING IN THE NEWS. CONGRATS.
My response is...
1. You're so cool.
2. Great Model UN article. You're famous and you're making a difference.
3. I love the google tea house!
4. Is it true? You are leaving the job?
I Capture the Castle is so good! I vote you read it first.
those bands are good, I think.
Post a Comment