
Come on Feel the Lemonheads released by The Lemonheads in 1993. This album was introduced to me by my brother Grant back in 2002 and I fell in love with it. The Lemonheads are a late 80s early 90s alternative group that, I believe, were really ahead of their time. Their sound doesn't really seem influenced by 80s pop or the 90s grunge movement. It is more alt-country than anything. Songs to embrace on this album: Into Your Arms, Down About It. Song to shy away from: Big Gay Heart (don't ask).
Second order of business, The Long Winters are finally coming out with a new album this summer. Bands (ie The Shins, Notwist, The Long Winters) are such fickle lovers. They woo me with amazing music then take a three year hiatus while I wonder if they are going to follow through with another album. It is cruel.
No comments:
Post a Comment